Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Whole Decade Of Team Zumwalt


Ten years ago yesterday Nick and I took that giant leap into marriage and never looked back. I look at pictures of that day and I feel like it was just yesterday. We were so young. So eager to start our lives together. We had no idea what life had in store for us, but we were ready to find out.

Ten years later I can say that I am very proud of my marriage. Though it hasn't been easy, and life has thrown us some curve balls, I can't imagine going through this life with anyone else. We vowed to love one another in good times and in bad, sickness and in health. We've certainly had our share of all of those. Through it all we always rally together and come out closer and stronger than ever.

I love my husband for so many reasons I can't even begin to list them all. I love how he always tries to make me laugh when I'm mad at him, like the time I was furious and he came in the room dressed in my capri pants. I love how he got up with Isaac every night when he was a baby so that I could sleep. I love how he gets me ice water at night and puts gas in my car. I love how he tries to spoil me with nice gifts, and doesn't get mad me when I take them back to the store because I'm more practical than he is. I love how I get alarmed when he calls me by my real name because I'm so used to him calling me Missus. I love how he works hard for our family. I love how he secretly pays attention to my cheesy reality TV shows and actually knows the characters and the story line. I love how he loves me unconditionally. No matter how many strokes I have or how high my steroid dose gets, I know he will still love me.  I am so proud that he is my husband, my partner, my teammate.

I can't wait to see what the next ten years has in store for us. Happy Anniversary, Meester. I love you and our life together more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment