Sunday, March 18, 2012

What Time Is It??

What time is it you ask? I'll tell you, it's 12:14. I know this because Isaac has learned to tell time. He's so excited about this new skill that he likes to announce the time every minute. Every. Single. Minute. I've never seen a kid so focused on the time. The first thing he did this morning when he woke up was look at the clock. I guess he didn't believe the first clock he looked at because he had to run to his room and confirm the current time on the clock in his room. He also likes to confirm that the digital clocks are in sync with the analog clocks in the house. Weirdo. In the beginning it was cute and we were so proud of his new skill. Now, it kind of stresses me out. As someone who gets time stressed anyway, being reminded of the time constantly has increased my anxiety immensely.

Time seems to be going by so fast. It seems like just yesterday Isaac was by little baby who liked to have his butt patted in order for him to fall asleep. Now he's reading and telling time and bossing us around like we're idiots. Tomorrow I'm sure he'll be packing for college. This constant reminder of the time makes me realize I need to appreciate all these precious minutes I have because it is all going by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment