Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This May Work

With every week I get a little more hopeful that we may actually come out of this whole thing with a living baby. It's been hard to let ourselves get excited since we know the unbearable heartbreak of things not working out the way we planned.

Today we got awesome news. Things are going so well that the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor released me. Victory! This news did not hurt my feelings at all since I was never a huge fan of hers to begin with. She's very smart and got me to where I need to be, I just never got over the fact that she was so mean to us during our pre-conception appointment where she basically told me I was crazy, going to die, and my baby would be special needs. I know she was doing her job and warning me of the risks, but geez louise she didn't have to be so brutal.

In fact, our little Goo is completely healthy just like his momma. He is measuring nine days ahead of schedule. He is two pounds one ounce and in the 78th percentile. His heart looks amazing which is awesome news since my health issues could have caused a heart block. We are now out of the woods for heart block. My blood pressure is awesome, my lupus is still under control, I still have less than a graham of protein in my urine, I've had no symptoms of stroke, my kidneys are behaving, and overall I feel pretty decent. If I could just get over my meat aversion and reflux, this pregnancy would be a breeze.

We've made it farther than we did with Liam. That's bittersweet. I think about Liam a lot and hope Levi knows that he exists because of Liam. Nick finally got to feel Levi kick, which he never got to do with Liam. It was a big moment. And I am even more confident that we have an even bigger moment coming up this October.

1 comment: