Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm Hot, Pregnant, and Blessed Beyond Measure

I'm in the second week of my third trimester. I remember back in February when we found out I was pregnant doing the calculations and figuring out that if we could just make it through July, we'd be smooth sailing. Hello, August!! Unlike most normal people, when we found out I was pregnant we weren't certain if we'd end up with a baby, or more heartbreak. At this point, I can say with 100% confidence, that we are bring this baby home. Oh em gee!!!! I have a lot to do. We haven't planned or prepared much since we weren't sure how it was going to turn out. Our prayers have been answered so I better get busy!

I'm amazed at how fast this pregnancy is going and how easy it has been compared to my other two pregnancies. With out a doubt, I'm healthier during this pregnancy that I have been with the other two. It's started to get a little harder in the totally normal third trimester and it's August kind of way.  I continue to have outstanding weekly check-ups. I'm no longer waiting for the bad news. I no longer live in fear of having my heart broken...again. In about 8 weeks our family will grow. We will be Zumwalt, party of five.

Nick and I have talked a lot about how bittersweet the birth will be. We wanted so badly for the outcome with Liam to be different and I know he will be heavy on our minds and our hearts as he always is. We will rejoice in the fact that we get Levi, because Liam existed. We will love all three of our boys and be grateful for the moments we had with Liam, and the future we will have with Levi and Isaac.

No comments:

Post a Comment