Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goodbye Christmas

Team Zumwalt hopes that everyone had a blessed and Merry Christmas. We certainly did. We were able to spend lots of much needed quality time together, although after so much time off from work I have developed a new respect for stay at home parents.

Isaac has been enjoying all his new toys, especially his new Leapster Zippity he got from Santa. Isaac still doesn't understand why Santa uses the chimney instead of the front door. I've often wondered the same thing.

We have been on cookie overload. Isaac helped me roll out, cut, bake, ice, and sprinkle 72 Christmas cookies. During the process I realized what a control freak I am. It was so hard to let Isaac help since I kept thinking it would be so much faster if I just did it myself. Then I realized, we were making memories and one day very soon he will be at an age where he won't want to help me and I will miss the days where we did it together.

During my time off I was able to attend Isaac's Christmas party at school. I am so blessed to have the kind of job where I can take time off to be there for my little boy. I was sad for the kids at the party that didn't have a parent there. Isaac had his mommy and his nanny. He's blessed.

To sum it all up, even though we thought our Christmas would be a little different since we thought we would be a team of four, we have realized how blessed we truly are and look forward to many more Christmases no matter how many people are on our team.

No comments:

Post a Comment