Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I normally don't make New Year's resolutions. When I was at WalMart the other night (yes, in my house shoes) I noticed the employee stocking large quantities of diet drinks in the aisles at the front of the store. I shouldn't have been surprised that Walmart was planning to cash in on people's resolutions but I was. I used to say that making resolutions just set people up for failure. That was the old me and I have a different perspective this year. I'm going to make some resolutions, share them with you, and ask that you help keep me accountable. My resolutions however, will not benefit WalMart or any other retailer in any way. They will only benefit me, and maybe you too in making me a better person to be around. Here we go.

1. I'm going to accessorize more. I think it will be fun.
2. I'm going to be a better friend.
3. I'm going to call in sick to work if I'm sick and not try to be the hero. (I won't try to work while stroking out this year. That was dumb and I don't think Rob will ever recover from seeing me like that.)
4. I'm going to bake more.
5. I'm going to say "yes" to Isaac when he asks me to play with him because one day very soon he won't want to play with me.
6. I will practice better communication even if it is difficult because making incorrect assumptions about the people close to me only cause more pain and bitterness.
7. I'm not going to worry about my weight but I AM going to exercise more.
8. I'm not going to text and drive. This will be easy since I don't do it anyway.
9. I'm going to try new foods and recipes since I seem to cook the same things over and over again.
10. I'm going to honor Liam by doing some charitable work.
11. I'm going to purge my clutter!!! Physical and emotional!

There you have it. Those are my resolutions. It feels good to set goals. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment