Saturday, January 15, 2011

Report Card Time

So Isaac got his very first report card yesterday. I had been eagerly awaiting this report card for a week since they were initially supposed to go home last week. I barely got through the door when I started rifling through Isaac's backpack for his report card. I'm not sure what I was expecting or why I was so eager to see it, but I was. Maybe because I've wanted to be a fly on the wall ALL year long to see how my bright little boy was doing in Pre-K. The verdict: he's doing quite well.
I am pleased to report that Isaac got all S's (Satisfactory), except in two areas. He got a P (Progressing) in following the classroom rules, and putting things back where they belong.
At first, I must say the mamma bear in me was a little offended that my perfect little boy got two P's. Then, upon further reflection, I realized those are the two areas Isaac struggles with at home too! My stubborn little boy has a very hard time following the rules because he has a mind of his own. He questions everything and isn't afraid to question the rules. He's definitely not a rule or procedure follower. I'm sure he gets that from his dad. Further, when we ask him to pick up his toys at home this activity consists of him picking up everything and putting it ALL on his train table. So yes Mrs. Snow, I agree. Isaac has a hard time putting things back where they belong. After my reflection, I'm quite pleased that Isaac didn't get a Needs Improvement in these areas because if I were to rate him at home, that would definitely be his grade.
Lastly, when did my little boy get old enough to be in school and get report cards. Wasn't he just born like last week? His little life is going by so fast and I can't seem to slow it down. I remember when I was the one getting report cards and it felt as though time took forever!! It seemed like summer would never come and time stood still. Now, I can't even believe I have a child old enough to be in public school. Yikes. I just want it to all slow down. I want him to be my little Pre-K boy forever. Even with his lacking cleaning skills, and inability to follow rules. I'll take it if it means he will be my little boy forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment