Friday, February 4, 2011

Mr. Biscuit...Please Come Home


Mr. Biscuit is our cat. I hate cats. Always have. I'm more of a dog person. But lately I'm more of a no pet person. My husband loves cats. Always has. He's a cat person. Just before we got married eight years ago I was at work at the Justice Center and one of my co-workers came in and said there was a stray kitten outside that was in pretty bad shape. I texted Nick (this was before texting was a big deal) and asked him if he wanted the kitty if I could catch it. He of course said yes. I caught the kitty that looked so helpless under the hosta plant. His tail was practically falling off and he was skin and bones. I took him to the vet and eighty dollars later he was our cat.

My dislike for him has been compounded by his nastiness. There is something about cat pee that reminds me of my job and makes me crazy. I'm talking check into the psych ward crazy. No lie. Then he peed on my bed several times. Me and cat pee don't mix. I've nearly killed him myself because of that, but I didn't want Isaac to turn into a serial killer because his mom killed his pet. Mr. Biscuit became an outside cat after that. Then slowly he worked his way back in but his litter box didn't. He still used the facilities outside so I didn't have to deal with the litter box smell. Good compromise right? Or it was until the Blizzard Schmizzard!

I let him out in the garage yesterday to go to the bathroom. Nick made a litter box for him in there. I opened the garage for him so he could peek out on the driveway since it was shoveled. We haven't seen him since. Let me be clear, I still don't like the cat. But I'm not heartless. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. More importantly, the people I live with love the cat and I love them. I don't want them to be sad.

So Mr. Biscuit, if you read this blog, please come home. I'm really not in the mood to explain to Isaac that you're gone forever. Please. I beg you. I might even let you be a full time inside cat again if you come home. Ok, maybe not but I promise to be nicer to you. At least for a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he comes home soon! I had a cat once who disappeared in the winter for a couple of months and one night he showed up on the porch. Maybe he's just giving you a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! He came home. He must have read my blog...

    ReplyDelete