Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Little Savant



I know every parent thinks their child is smart, beautiful, and pretty much perfect. I am no different. I'm pretty sure my four year old is a savant and will one day in the very near future be much smarter than me. I mean, this is the kid who knew all his letters, upper and lower case, before his second birthday. His vocabulary for a four year old amazes me every day.


The other day he coughed and said "I'm OK, but I think it's my tonsils. I need to have them taken out. That means surgery." What's worse is he said it in a somewhat condescending tone, like I was an idiot or something. He frequently diagnoses himself with one ailment or another. Like the time he had leg-itchy-itis. His itchy-itis can transfer to other parts of his body as well. Another rather famous quote of this week happened last night when he said to Nick "you startled me." What four year old uses the word startled? He also says he's frightened a lot too.


I might also add that he knows all the colors of a rainbow including indigo. I don't even know the official colors of a rainbow. Perhaps I should, or at one time I did know, but seriously? Indigo? I'm pretty sure Nick and I have our work cut out for us in the next few years as Isaac's intelligence grows. If we don't keep him challenged, I can see that little booger getting in A LOT of trouble. I better start studying now so I can help him with his homework in the future. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I think he and Jack would get along great!

    ReplyDelete