Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lawn Wars

Summer, a time for fun in the sun, swimming, lemonade, and lawn wars. Yes, you heard me right, lawn wars. I just have to say that I love my husband dearly, he is the love of my life, my one and only. With that being said, he is the biggest freak when in comes to our yard. I think he may love our yard, particularly the "edge" as much as he loves us. He is extremely competitive with our yard and will plan his mowing very precisely so that it will make the neighbor's yards look unkept even if they have recently mowed. He's weird like that.

Here is the sad part, I'm 100% positive that the neighbors have no idea about these lawn wars my husband has been having with them for years. No clue. My husband may need professional help as this may be the start of a serious delusional disorder. No lie, my husband just came to me and asked "did you see that sneaky mid-week mow the neighbor did?" Seriously? You think the neighbor planned a sneaky mid-week mow to mess with you? No honey, only you would do something like that.

Don't get me wrong, our yard looks pretty nice. And he does do a fabulous job with his edge, but I'm pretty sure if he wasn't married to me he would marry his edge. This can't be normal for people to have battles with neighbors who have no clue they are involved in a secret war. I'm taking this opportunity to "out" my husband so at least it will be a fair fight from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment