Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catching Up

Wow, it's been nearly a month since my last blog. I've been so busy enjoying the summer it hasn't even occurred to me to blog. It seems as though May has redeemed itself in my eyes. As you will recall, May has always been my favorite month, but May 2010 was pretty crappy as you all know. May 2011, although it had some major bumps, was for the most part infinitely better than last May. We celebrated Liam's birthday, Isaac finished his first year of public school, and Nick and I had a weekend away to celebrate my birthday. I'd say things are looking up.

After we celebrated Liam's birthday, it almost seemed like a ginormous weight was lifted from our household. Nick recognized he wasn't where he needed to be in his grief recovery and took action. I feel like my husband is coming back to me. I started to feel better emotionally too after Liam's birthday. I don't know why that one year mark was so significant, but now that we survived it I feel free. Don't get me wrong, we have a long way to go, but I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Our plan is to keep having an awesome summer. We are participating in the summer reading program, we've been swimming, playing outside, and enjoying lots of family bike rides. We learned that time goes by fast and one day very soon Isaac won't want to hang out with us as much. If we spend all this precious time being sad that we lost Liam, we will also regret the time we lost with our living son too.

No comments:

Post a Comment