Saturday, February 25, 2012

Operation: Get Rid Of The Ponytail

Many of you may wonder why I wear my hair in a ponytail 99% of the time. The truth is I lost a lot of hair during my stroke/lupus flare/premature birth ordeal. One of the symptoms of Lupus is hair loss. The only thing I could do with my thinning hair was to pull it back in a ponytail. I must say, for a while I didn't mind because let's face it, ponytails are huge time savers in the morning and sleep is precious. Since my Lupus is pretty much in remission my hair has been growing back, hence Operation: Get rid of the ponytail. My constant ponytail is starting to give me self esteem issues. As my blog from yesterday stated, it's been 21 months which really means my hair has probably been growing back for the last 12. The new hair is down to my shoulders now while the old hair is down to the middle of my back. It can be really awkward on the 1% chance I wear my hair down. I have a dilemma though. My new hair that is down to my shoulders is curly while my old hair is straight. Why can't anything be easy? So I asked my husband what he thought I should do. He said I should get a perm. What is this? 1995? My first mistake was asking someone who doesn't have hair for hair advice. My goal is to have the ponytail gone by the end of March. Hopefully by that time I will have figured out something to with my straight/curly, two different length hair. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Easy fix my friend. Trim hair evenly, layers something to straighten it up. The~ Deva curl. You tube it. It's what I use on my hair. It's good for all degrees of curly and wavy.

    ReplyDelete