Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Parenting Fail #978

So Nick and I had a major parenting fail yesterday. While it's a little sad, it's also a little funny so I thought I'd share so you can not only feel better about yourself as a parent, you may giggle a bit too.

Isaac came home yesterday and while he was putting his backpack and coat up he very angrily told me that I had made him eat an old sandwich for lunch. I quickly told him that Daddy took him to school so it clearly wasn't me, and then reminded him that they were having chicken at school and Daddy and I told him he was going to eat in the cafeteria. He clearly forgot. And Daddy clearly didn't check Isaac's backpack before sending him to school as his lunch pail was still in his backpack from FRIDAY and since Isaac saw it, he assumed he had "brought his lunch" to school. So yes, my son ate his leftover peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch yesterday. And that's all he ate, since there was obviously nothing else in there. At least he had milk, and in kindergarten they still eat snacks in the afternoon. I can't imagine what Isaac must have thought as he opened his lunch pail only to find his half eaten sandwich from last week. I hope none of the teachers saw his poor excuse for a lunch as I'm sure they would have called the welfare on me.

See, now don't you feel better about yourself? I bet you've never fed your kid 3 day old partial sandwiches. Needless to say, Nick and I felt horrible when we found out what had happened. Poor Isaac. He forgave us, but was a little bummed he missed out on chicken yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment