Thursday, September 13, 2012

My 100th Post

This is my 100th post! Who would have thought? I first started this journey because I loved Isaac so much and he was growing up so fast, I wanted to document it all. I didn't want to forget all the highlights. I failed that time. Miserably. I still loved Isaac and had good intentions, it just didn't happen. I posted one time and lost my motivation.

I found that motivation more than a year later when I needed an outlet for my tremendous grief. I had a stroke, my son Liam died, and my world was crashing in around me. I was devastated. I was putting one foot in front of the other, but I was in a hole. Actually, it was more like a crater. I decided to blog again to get my feelings and thoughts out of my head so I could sleep at night. I had so many emotions after our tragedy that I didn't know what to do with it all. I didn't know how to get out of the hole crater. Little did I know that it would become such amazing therapy for me. Expressing my grief and all the feedback I received as a result helped get me through an extremely difficult time in my life. I like to go back and read my blogs and see how far I've come in my journey. I'm a different Laura than I was when I started the blog. I can see the transformation in my posts. Thank you to everyone who loved and supported me through this journey. I know I wasn't always easy to love. I am forever grateful to everyone who read my blog, provided feedback, and supported me throught it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment