Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Whole Year Later


Well, here we are. A whole year later. 365 days have passed since I gave birth to a very special little boy. Not one of those days have gone by without me thinking of my precious Liam. Not a single one. I remember this day a year ago so vividly. Like it was yesterday. I had never been so devastated in my whole life. I still ache for him. I wanted him so badly, but I knew it was not meant to be. Nick and I have experienced something no parent should ever experience. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

I could agonize over the why's and what if's but I'm not. What good would it do? Liam would still be gone. Today, I want to celebrate my little boy and what he did for me. He's my little hero. So please don't be sad for me or my family. Instead help us celebrate him by doing something kind for someone today in honor of my little boy. That would mean so much to us. Especially since my little boy did something so kind for me. And I have another request. If you're the praying kind, please lift my husband up in prayer today. You see, today was the day he not only lost his son, he nearly lost me too. He still has not recovered from that and I don't know that he ever will.

My faith tells me that Liam and I will be together again one day. We will get to spend eternity together. I am so comforted to know that he is in the arms of Jesus and is waiting for his family. I know that we will be Zumwalt party of four one day and that brings me great comfort. Happy Birthday, Liam Miller. We love you immensely.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reposting this. I tried to get to it Thursday, and the site was down. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Your courage through this darkest moment in your life is such an inspiration.
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm so sorry to read of your loss. A mutual friend (Jen @ Little Things) sent me a link to your blog.

    Praying for the peace that passes all understanding to encompass you and Nick as you walk this road (I know it all too well)--it will indeed be a glorious day when you are reunited with your precious son.

    ReplyDelete