Monday, May 2, 2011

Month 12

So May used to be my favorite month of the year. Mostly because it's my birthday month, but also because it marks the beginning of summer. Last May really sucked for us. I mean it REALLY sucked. A lot. Big time. Worst month of my life. I've learned not to say that's the worst thing that has ever happened to me because saying that is usually followed by something worse happening to me. However, we have started month 12 of our grieving process. A whole year. It's hard to believe. I am determined to make this May a good month despite the anniversary of our trauma.

It has already started off pretty good. Isaac and I had a great visit from my Dad and Jenna, my step-mom, and we celebrated Liam. They brought pinwheels for Liam's grave and one for our house so that every time the wind blows from Heaven we will think of Liam. Dad said it was Jenna's idea and I can't tell you how moved I was by their gesture. I was really sad Nick had to work because we were able to spend some good ol' quality time together honoring Liam.

With all of that being said, be prepared for a lot of "this time last year" blogs from me this month. You know I always try to stay positive and find the good in things so I will keep doing that, but be patient with me this month. Buckle your seatbelts as it may be one heck of a roller coaster ride. I used to really like roller coasters, not so much anymore.








No comments:

Post a Comment