Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My New Life

This time last year I was just starting to realize I had a new life. Things would never be the same as they were before May 5, 2010. I would never be the same in so many ways. Life as I knew it was gone. I was dealing with the reality that I was a stroke victim at the age of 32. I would have to get used to the idea of taking blood thinners for the rest of my life and have to constantly have my blood levels checked in order to make sure my blood stayed at the right consistency. I would forever have to be monitored by the kidney guy to make sure my disease doesn't cause more damage to my already damaged kidneys. My reality is, I may very well need a kidney transplant somewhere in my future. Hopefully it's my distant future. I would also have to learn to live life without my second son. I'm a tough girl and have a very high pain tolerance,e but I had no idea how to deal with the kind of pain I was feeling due to the loss of not only my son, but the reality that I will more than likely never have another biological child. With all of that being said, I sit here today in awe of this new life. You see, I would rather have to learn to live my new life than not having life at all which could have been the reality for my family this time last year...

1 comment: