Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mother Of The Year...Not!

I have a "proud parenting moment" to confess. First, let me define "proud parenting moment" for you. By "proud parenting moment" I mean one of those parenting moments where you realize you really sucked and hope and pray you haven't damaged your child for life.

Let me set this up for you. I have been blessed with an extremely well behaved child who aims to please adults and those in authority. Those who know Nick and I well, know who he gets that trait from. Hint: it's not Nick. Anyway, last year in school Isaac got in trouble once. He scratched a girl who was bothering him. Isaac was very honest about it and told me the second I picked him up. If you ask me, she had it coming. If you ask the teacher, she had it coming. If you ask her parents, I'm sure they'll disagree with me and the teacher. Even with that incident he came home with a good behavior sticker every school day. Every. Day.

This year in kindergarten, they have a similar behavior chart that comes home daily. I checked Isaac's yesterday and he didn't have a stamp. I asked if he got in trouble at school and he said no. I asked why he didn't have a stamp, he said he might of been in trouble during rest time, but he was on "green" all day. I explained to him he must have been in trouble otherwise he would have received his stamp. Isaac then started crying big, sad, I didn't do it tears. We had a conversation about lying and how he would be in more trouble for lying. Isaac's explanation was that Mrs. Wilson must have forgot to stamp his chart. Isaac doesn't lie, why would I doubt him? I did though and was very disappointed that he didn't feel safe enough to tell the truth.

Nick took Isaac to school today and asked Mrs. Wilson what color Isaac ended up on yesterday. She quickly informed my husband that Isaac was on green, and that he was always on green. Apparently, Isaac was right. She had forgotten to stamp his chart yesterday. He came home today with the stamp filled in for Tuesday. Oopsie.

Man, do I feel like a giant DB. Why wouldn't I believe my kid? He has never given me any reason to doubt him. So there you have it, my "proud parenting moment" for this week. Poor Isaac. Hopefully he's not scarred for life. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment