Saturday, September 3, 2011

Peace Out Summer

Since college football has officially started, it can only mean one thing. Summer is over. Despite the ridiculously insane temperatures this summer, I'd say Team Zumwalt had a super fantastic summer. We had lots of family time riding bikes, swimming, playing outside, and watching movies when it was too hot to do much else. We had a super fun vacation that ended our summer on a high note.

It was a great summer indeed, but I'm not sad to see it go. I love fall. It's my favorite time of year. I love college football season, although I'm not a huge fan of any particular team. I love game day even though I don't really have a team I root for. Maybe it's the football munchies I like most. Maybe I like it because it's a connection to college. Fall brings back so many memories of going back to college, which were some pretty amazing times in my life. I met some of the most amazing people I've ever known in college, particularly Team James. Those are some good people. If you don't know them, you're missing out.

Fall is also a time for Team Zumwalt to purge, which if you read my blog regularly, you'll know that purging the clutter was one of my New Year's Resolutions. The last two weekends, we have been purging fools. It feels good to get rid of all the clutter. Fall is almost here my friends, and I can almost smell the smores, pumpkins, and soups already. I can feel the crisp evening air in my lungs and I'm ready to make the next season as amazing as the last!!! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment