Monday, October 17, 2011

The Good Lord Has Blessed Me




I already knew I had a pretty amazing kid, but spending the day on a field trip with 80, five and six year olds will surely make you realize when the good Lord has indeed blessed you. I'll start by saying I could never be a kindergarten teacher. Now, I don't want to talk bad about kids, but I'll talk about the things I appreciate in my own kid after my field trip experience today.

  • I never realized how obedient my child was until today.
  • I never realized how calm my child was until today. I would normally have refrained from using this term to describe my child, but after today it fits.
  • I had a pretty good idea that my child didn't eat as much as normal kids, and today that was confirmed. Dang, how can those parents afford to feed some of those kids.
  • I knew Isaac was smart. That again, was confirmed even more so.
  • Some kids live in their own little world. They may even hear voices. Oh wait, I wasn't going to talk bad about helpless children. But, dang. That's all I'll say.
  • My kid is the "Debbie Downer" of the bunch. While talking about expected behavior on the bus Isaac chimed in with information on how they would exit the bus if it were to tip over on it's side on the way to Porter. Awesome. So then the other kids chimed in with how they would react if the bus caught on fire. Yes, my kid started the "doom and gloom" conversation. So. Proud.

With all of that being said, I had an amazing time today with my kid on his first real field trip. It was fascinating to watch him in his school environment and how he interacts with his friends and teacher. I am so grateful to have the kind of job that allows me the opportunity to make memories like that with my favorite kindergarten boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment