Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another Milestone

It was one year ago today that I decided to start my blog again. Little did I know that this blog would become such a huge part of my grief journey. I looked back at my blog from one year ago today and I realized how far we've come in a year (or 17 months if you want to be technical). We are by no means "over" our grief. We will grieve forever. We lost our son, we will never recover from that. And when I say lost, I don't mean that literally, we know where he is, he's just not with us. We take great comfort knowing that we will be together again one day in the far, far future. As I look over my blogs from the past year I see a Laura who was lonely, overwhelmed by grief and loss, and was in a hole I never thought I find my way out of. Today, I'm a Laura who made it out of that hole and is enjoying the precious moments life has to offer.

Writing my thoughts and sharing them with others has been very therapeutic for me. Call it a public journal if you will. Getting everything out of my head helped me sleep and night, and the feedback from people who read the blog made me realize we were not alone on our journey. We have felt the love and support of many of you as a result of this blog. Plus, being able to share Liam with all of you, helped keep him close to us. Liam remains a huge part of our family. We still talk about him daily and I hope that you still think of him often too. I hope you will never forget what he did for our family because I will spend every day until I die being grateful to my Liam for saving my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment