Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jason Jopher

Who is Jason Jopher you ask? Well I'll tell you. He's Isaac's imaginary friend. Poor Jason gets blamed for a lot of things in our house. "I didn't do it, Jason Jopher did" is a common phrase in our house. Just this morning Jason Jopher got blamed for leaving the refrigerator door open, which leads me to wonder if Jason is still Isaac's imaginary friend or his scapegoat.

I used to be pretty confident that Jason Jopher was a real imaginary friend. (As real as imaginary friends can be, that is.) They played and talked a lot. Jason even "died" for a while when Isaac had a couple of real live friends living across the street. But, ever since his living breathing friends moved, Jason reappeared. I ask Isaac all the time what Jason looks like and I never get a straight answer.

Lately though, I'm wondering if Jason Jopher is just an excuse for Isaac. Like this morning. Clearly, Isaac left the refrigerator door opened, but to avoid getting in trouble he blamed Jason Jopher. Clever little kid, huh? As far as Jason goes, I'm not sure he's the kind of friend I want Isaac to have. Seems to get him in trouble a whole lot. I really need to find some humans for Isaac to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment