Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lupus Can Suck It

Dear Lupus-Nephritis,

You can suck it. You tried to attack me, but you sure can't beat me. I'm tougher than you. You gave it a good fight as I was pretty sick for a lot of years. You even tried to sabotage my kidneys, but again, I'm way tougher than you and I fought back. You tried to make my life harder than it needed to be. Because of you, my baby was born too soon and is now waiting for me in Heaven. You'll be sad to know that he's going to have to wait a long time because I've got work to do here and you're not going to win. I'm not bitter though. What does not kill me makes me stronger. Try to attack me again, we'll see who's the toughest. I'm betting it's me. I feel better than I've felt in a long time and I'm finally living the life I was meant to live. Just ask my family, they can barely keep up with me these days. You will never win in a battle with me and neither will your best friends, Mr. Grief and Mr. Stroke. I told them who's boss too!

Nice try,
Laura

1 comment: