Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Fun

Since I've been feeling so good we are having one of the busiest summers I've experienced for as long as I can remember. I work all day, then come home and play hard with my favorite five year old. I don't know who is having more fun, him or me!

Our neighborhood has an annual 4th of July parade where the fire department comes out with a couple of trucks and we all decorate bikes, wagons, dogs, and strollers and take a walk behind the fire truck. Then the fire truck hooks up to the fire hydrant and sprays the kids. It's a great opportunity to get to know your neighbors. We even discovered that a girl from Isaac's class lives just around the corner. This year. I was either feeling really good or the heat got to me because I apparently agreed to take over the parade planning for next year. Yikes!
Ive also been feeling so good I did something I haven't done in a very long time! Wait for it...I went to the mall, on a Saturday, and spent a long time there!! Gasp! Isaac had fun since he was able to get a new friend from Build A Bear and he got to ride the carousel. And I was able to replenish my wardrobe since it had been so long since I've had the energy to shop.


My husband has started a Master's program this summer so we are frequently leaving him behind when we go on outings but he's been able to hang with us when he can.


We've been going to the pool so much this year, I'm pretty sure we should have just bought a membership somewhere. We go about three times a week, most of which are week days after I get off work. I remember the days when I would come home from work and spend the entire evening recovering because my work day had wiped me out. I remember feeling terrible about this as I didn't want Isaac's childhood memories to be of a mom that was "sick" all the time. I'm not worried about that now!!


The plan is to keep going ninety to nothing. Summer is short. We're going to live it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment