Monday, August 15, 2011

Life Really Does Go On


This time last year, I remember people telling me things will get easier. They said I would never forget, but with time the pain would lessen. I only half way believed them. I'm a reasonable person who had experienced grief before so I knew it would probably at some point sting a little less. At that point we had just buried our son and we were drowning in grief so I couldn't really see past that. I knew my life would never be the same and it isn't, but in spite of our tragedy, my life is as good if not better than it was before. You can either wallow in your grief and let it eat you alive, or you can pick yourself up and rise above the tragedy. It's hard to be bitter about what happened to us because so much good has come from it. I had two follow up appointments today with the Hematologist and the Rheumatologist (the new one, not the old one that nearly let me die). It's amazing to see my progress from a medical standpoint. I mean, I know I feel good, but to have labs and doctors tell me I'm actually doing good is proof, life really does go on. A year ago, I didn't think that was possible. I still love and miss my precious Liam every day, but can't help but be giddy when I think about how he saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment