Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Baby's Starting Kindergarten and I'm A Hot Mess!

Tomorrow I will be the proud parent of a big kindergartner. Isaac is fine, but I'm having major first day jitters. I haven't slept well all week. Isaac was in Pre-K last year so it's not like we are new to this public school thing. I find myself worrying about the most ridiculous things. I'm almost embarrassed to admit what I've been obsessing about. For example, the lunch box Isaac picked out is ridiculously hard to open. The crazy side of me has been worried all week that he won't get to eat lunch because he will be too afraid to ask a grown up for help. The rational side of me says that will never happen as my kid has never been afraid to ask a random grown up a question. Fortunately, my husband was able to tweak the lunch box and we've been practicing opening it so I'm pretty confident Isaac will be able to eat tomorrow. But what if Isaac wants milk with his lunch tomorrow? How will they know we put money in his account so he can have some? This is what has been keeping me up at night. I told you I'm crazy, right? Maybe I'm just having a hard time comprehending that Isaac is old enough for kindergarten. He's becoming such a neat kid and I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the reality that he's growing up so fast. Hopefully, I'm not the first crazy mom of a kindergartner. I'll end it there as it's a school night...

No comments:

Post a Comment