Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted!

Vacation 2011 is now in the books. It has been a while since our last real vacation. August of 2009 to be exact. And those of you that know me, know that vacation was more of a nightmare than a relaxing vacation. I broke one of my front teeth on a water bottle (the first day), my mom and Nick were both super sick, Nick got a speeding ticket and Isaac was a fussy three year old. Vacation fail. We had high hopes for this vacation, it had to be better than the last. I've learned to not say it can't be worse because again, those of you know me, know I've learned it can always be worse.

I'm happy to report everyone had an amazing time and we made some wonderful family memories. We rode an old steam train through the mountains, took a mine tour, vegged out, spent a day in Breckenridge, and had some much needed retail therapy at the outlet stores. I just wish vacation could last forever. I love spending so much quality time with my family. Plus, the cooler weather and the amazing scenery made it that much more enjoyable. And, the condo had a washer and dryer so we did laundry the day before we left which means I'm not spending my last day off doing a ton of laundry. Yay!

I come from a family that took several vacations a year. "Life" has gotten in the way of us doing the same for Isaac. It makes me sad. I had been on an airplane before I was two, was skiing by 6, left the country by 11, and traveled throughout Europe by 20. Isaac has never been on a plane, and has only been to four states so far(Five if you include Oklahoma which I don't). Yikes, I have some work to do. So my plan today since I'm not doing laundry, is to start researching our next vacation. Life is short, too short to be working all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment