Friday, November 4, 2011

RIP Customer Service

It is my firm belief and recent experience that customer service is dead. Gone. Non-existent. I have experienced the death of customer service several times just today. I'll explain.

First, I'm on Coumadin due to my stroke. It's a pretty dangerous drug to be on and has to be closely monitored. I used to have an excellent doctor and nurse that took great pride in monitoring this for me. Then the doctor moved. Hence, I got a new doctor with the flightiest nurse I've ever experienced. She NEVER calls me back after I've had my PT/INR test done, which I pretty much do weekly. This week it got pretty dangerous. I had a headache for three days straight. I even stayed home sick on Wednesday. I found out today, several days after my test, that my PT/INR was nearly 4 which is pretty high. No wonder my head hurt. Thanks, nurse. Because of your irresponsibility and lack of customer service I could have nearly died. Again.

Next, I rented some movies tonight from Family Video since Isaac is sick. I put his first movie in the computer for him to watch while I watched one of my movies. My movie didn't work. Irritating. I tried to get it to work, then Isaac's movie was over so I decided to give up and put his next movie in. This must be my night, because lucky me, it didn't work either. Awesome. So, I drag my poor sick kid out to the movie store with both defective movies to swap them out. The super helpful teenager working simply polished and cleaned both my discs and sent me on my way. And by super helpful, I actually mean not helpful at all. Awesome. I get the movies home and put Isaac's back in to play and guess what? It still didn't work. Now, why didn't that super helpful teenager just give me a new movie. It's not like Gnomeo and Juliet is in high demand tonight. Right? And don't offer to compensate me for my trouble or anything. I love dragging my sick kid out to the movie store at night. I guarantee you, I will be compensated tomorrow when I take it back for the 3rd time. GRRRR!

But that's not all. After the movie store, I decided to compensate Isaac with ice cream since I made him go out at night while he was sick. Since I hadn't eaten dinner yet I decided to get something to eat for myself. I'm not a big fan of fast food so this was probably a bad idea from the beginning. I brought home Isaac's ice cream and my dinner and after about 20 more minutes of trying to get the stupid movie to work I finally get to eat. I open the bag ready to eat my chicken strips and guess what I find. Not chicken strips. Awesome! Can this day get any better?

I am convinced that people don't care about each other any more. I pride myself on customer service at my job and frequently my customers are criminals. So what's the super helpful teenager's excuse? So RIP customer service. I will still use you in my daily work, but I won't expect to experience you for myself anymore.

1 comment: