Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Liam or Lily?

Last year, Nick and I could not wait for April 20, 2010. It seemed like it could not get here soon enough. April 20th was the day we were scheduled to go to to the high risk OB and find out if we were having a Liam or a Lily. We were praying for a Liam for many reasons, but most importantly we were hoping for a boy since my autoimmune issues are more common in girls. I've struggled with autoimmune issues since I was six and I would never wish that on my children so we were hoping for a boy to lessen the chance of our child having health issues. Isaac on the other hand was desperate for a baby sister. He just knew he was having a baby sister and was adamant that he didn't want a brother. Probably because he didn't want to share all his trains. Little did we know he wouldn't really get to experience either. You all know how the story ends. I will never forget the anticipation we felt just before the ultra sound tech told us we were having a son. Relief. To say we were thrilled would be a huge understatement. I remember standing in the parking lot after the appointment hugging Nick and feeling such joy. Too bad our joy was short lived...

No comments:

Post a Comment