Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Was Born This Way

So I thought I'd blog about my Lady Gaga experience. I've been to a lot of concerts in my life and this was one of the most fascinating concerts I've ever experienced. Here are a few of my observations:

  • I didn't realize spanx could be used as outerwear.

  • Lady Gaga has to be one of the most fit people ever since she sang live and danced for TWO hours straight.

  • I could have saved a lot of time trying to figure out what to wear if I'd just worn my bra and underwear like half the people there.

  • Drag queens smell good.

  • Those crazy Kansas/Phelps church people have nothing better to do than to drag their kids out in the cold to spread hate. I'm pretty sure God doesn't "hate" anyone despite what they say. They even called me an abomination. Rude.

  • Lady Gaga has a very diverse fan group. It ranges from freaks all the way to completely normal people like me. There were all kinds of people there.

  • I was one of the most conservatively dressed people there. I really had nothing Gaga worthy in my closet.

  • I need to shop for some sparkly clothes for next time.

  • The loud noise didn't unclog my ear.

  • I am way to old to be out at concerts that last until midnight.

I'm can be fairly conservative at times, but I am a fan of Lady Gaga. I find her very interesting and think she is really talented. I get that she is controversial and very provocative, but I think the true "haters" haven't taken the time to learn about her. She has a very strong anti-hate message and continuously stresses the importance of being yourself and ignoring the haters, hence "Born This Way". She tells her fans to believe in themselves and to be true to who they are and in doing that they can achieve anything they want to achieve. I'd say that's a fairly important message and lesson most young people struggle with. So, props to Lady Gaga. Well done. I'd pay to see you again...if the concert starts at six and is on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment