Friday, April 22, 2011

Mr. Storm Ready

It's been a stormy kind of afternoon and evening. I drove home from work in a torrential down pour and at least quarter size hail. Lame right? It stopped hailing as soon as I got home and put my car in the garage. That's not the point of my blog though. Watching all this storm coverage reminded me of the first potential storm of the season. My cute little husband loves a good storm. One of his favorite television shows is Storm Chasers. He loves the Dominator. Anyway, as we were watching coverage of this first potentially tornadic storm, my mister said he needed to get his storm clothes on. I didn't realize there was a severe weather uniform. His storm clothes consisted of shorts, a t-shirt, socks, and heavy duty hiking boot type shoes. The real kicker and what makes me giggle, A LOT, is the fact that in addition to my husband's storm uniform, he packed a backpack just in case. In the backpack were bottles of water, our eye glasses, and all of my medication. Honestly, I laughed a lot at him for this. But tonight as I'm watching the storm coverage, I realized how sweet that was. The reality was that a tornado would most likely not hit our house, but in case it did, he wanted to make sure I had my medication so I could stay well. How smart is that? He said I'd thank him one day, so thank you Mister for always taking care of me. I love you more than words.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of your post about the storm clothes today when it started up--and I was in a ratty Norman Library t-shirt and shrunken sweats. At 5:00. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete