Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Mister


My husband's birthday is this weekend. He will be 32. He and I got together when he was 22. I've spent the last decade with this man and I need to tell you how much I love him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know with everything in me that he is the man God made for me. I can not imagine my life without him. Can't. Can. Not.


What blows me away about this man, is that he loves me beyond measure. I'm not sure why either. I like to think that I'm a pretty cool girl, but what did I do to deserve this man? He had full disclosure of my health problems before we got married and he still wanted to marry me and spend his life with me. My Mister spends his days as a nurse, then comes home and is my personal nurse. Talk about caregiver burnout. He never complains though. Ever. I'm so lucky.


My Mister cooks, cleans, does laundry (although not as good as I do it), is the bread winner, takes care of the house and cars, pays all the bills so I don't have to stress about money, and is an amazing father to Isaac. He pampers me, takes care of me, does romantic things for me that I'm often oblivious to like the time he had flowers delivered to the restaurant for our Valentines date. Sadly, I didn't notice, he had to point out that there weren't flowers on any of the other tables. Oops. I'm so not worthy.

Don't get me wrong, there are days he makes me crazy as I'm sure there are days I make him crazy He is notorious for trying to make me laugh when I'm furious at him. Like the time I was so mad at him and he came in the room wearing my capri pants, shirt, and sandals. I didn't know if I should be more mad at him or if I should laugh. I chose to laugh. That was his way of apologizing. He's my teammate and I can't imagine going on this journey of life without him. I'm a lucky girl.


Last year both of our birthday's were pretty lame since as you all know we had a lot going on. We have a fun filled weekend planned this year and my hope is that at least for a couple days, my husband is able to forget about the crappy stuff in our life and have a good time. He's certainly earned it. Happy Birthday, Mister. I love you more than words could ever express.

1 comment:

  1. Happy bday! Please tell me you will be sharing a picture of the capri pant ensemble soon. And I would totally do the same thing about the flowers on the table. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete